Little Known Facts
- It is impossible to lick your elbow.
- A crocodile can't stick it's tongue out.
- The tongue of a blue whale weighs about the same as a full grown elephant, his heart is the size of a Volkswagen Beetle
- A shrimp's heart is in its head.
- People say "Bless you" when you sneeze because when you sneeze, your heart stops for a millisecond.
- In a study of 200,000 ostriches over a period of 80 years, no one reported a single case where an ostrich buried its head in the sand (or attempted to do so).
- Only 55 percent of all Americans know that the sun is a star.
- It is physically impossible for pigs to look up into the sky.
- A pregnant goldfish is called a twit. A baby eel is called an elver, a baby oyster is called a spat.
- An apple, potato, and onion all taste the same if you eat them with your nose plugged.
- Between 1937 and 1945 Heinz produced a version of Alphabetic Spaghetti especially for the German market that consisted solely of little pasta swastikas.
- On average, a human being will have sex more than 3,000 times and spend two weeks kissing in their lifetime.
- Rats and horses can't vomit.
- The "sixth sick sheik's sixth sheep's sick" is said to be the toughest tongue twister in the English language.
- If you sneeze too hard, you can fracture a rib.
- If you expelled gas consistently for 6 years and 9 months, enough gas is produced to equal the energy of an atomic bomb.
- If you try to suppress a sneeze, you can rupture a blood vessel in your head or neck and die.
- If you keep your eyes open by force, they can pop out.
- Rats multiply so quickly that in 18 months, two rats could have over million descendants.
- Wearing headphones for just an hour will increase the bacteria in your ear by 700 times.
- If the government has no knowledge of aliens, then why does Title 14, Section 1211 of the Code of Federal Regulations, implemented on July 16, 1969, make it illegal for U.S. citizens to have any contact with extraterrestrials or their vehicles?
- In every episode of TV show Seinfeld there is a Superman somewhere.
- You're more likely to get stung by a bee on a windy day than in any other weather.
- The cigarette lighter was invented before the match.
- If the Earth was smooth, the ocean would cover the entire surface to a depth of 12,000 feet (about 2.25 miles).
- Thirty-five percent of the people who use personal ads for dating are already married.
- A duck's quack doesn't echo, and no one knows why.
- Elephants can smell water from as far away as three miles.
- 23% of all photocopier faults worldwide are caused by people sitting on them and photocopying their buttocks.
- In the course of an average lifetime you will, while sleeping, eat 70 assorted insects and 10 spiders.
- Most lipstick contains fish scales.
- 85 out of 100 movie actors earn less than $5,000 a year from acting.
- Cat's urine glows under a black-light (so does yours).
- Like fingerprints, everyone's tongue print is different.
- Over 75% of people who read this will try to lick their elbow.
P.S. these are not
all guaranteed to be factual,
but you may have figured that out already.)